Thursday, June 11, 2009

THE ANTI-SOCIAL SEA GLASS HUNTER


Well, it's yet another rainy day in Jersey and I wonder when we are gonna get some summer weather! By all rights it is still Spring but geesh with the rain already. I need to take pictures of my new jewelry to list and I love to use natural daylight. I took pictures the other day and there are raindrops on everything. I suppose I could call it ""effect" but it's just a pain. My drill bits still have not arrived so I can't even work on that. I need to buy a stash of them so they don't run out before it's just too late. As I always do. The only good thing about all this rain and stormy weather is that it will churn up some lovely sea glass for scavenging. That means a 5:00 a.m. wake up call for an hour and a half treck to the beach. Then the panic sets in to rush. Like kids at an easter Egg hunt, to scour the sand before the local hunters arrive. I'm an anti-social hunter. Do not talk to me when I'm sitting in a pile of yeck, combing it with my driftwood. I'm afraid to look up...will I miss something?...or will someone say.."oh look what you unearthed" and a virtual Jerry Springer, shoes off, grapple with ensue for that very piece we both want to claim for ourselves. Move along folks...nothing to see here...my pile..mine mine mine.Good Karma is all about letting it "go". Letting that nice older lady collect that lovely red for her granddaughter...but I want to see it handed over to a 6 year old that puts it in a memory box...cuz there is a little guy dressed in red and holding a pitchfork on my shoulder saying " She makes jewelry with that and just took the best piece on the beach you ninny..." I might not catfight for white but red...that is another story. And that thought will haunt me for the rest of the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment